Stress can literally be a killer because of the way different types of stress affect your body and weakens it.
Did you know that something as simple as massage therapy can be an excellent solution for releasing that damaging stress?
When life gets crazy and stress levels start to climb, relaxation massage therapy can provide a major healing benefit.
Body massage might not solve all problems; however, it can be an instrumental tool for reducing the negative effects of all that stress so you stay controlled and feeling good.
Recognizing the Effects of Stress on the Body
As any massage therapist will knows, stress is sneaky.
Sometimes it is easy to recognize when you are stressed out because you experience anxiety or bad moods.
Other times when stress manifests in more physical ways in your body, it might not be so easy to detect.
Whatever is causing that stress, whether it is work, relationships, or even physical illness, stress can easily take over and make life difficult.
Regardless of the cause, body massage specialists know that stress can negatively affect anyone's body in many ways, causing:
- Anxiety and restlessness
- Irritability and mood swings
- Headaches and backaches
- Sleep problems
- Elevated heart rate
- Digestive issues
- Immune system issues
- Muscle and joint pain
- Addictions like smoking, drinking, and drug use
Worse yet, many of these things can affect bodies without even realizing it.
These issues can also compound each other, such as when poor sleep adds to depression or irritability as well as immune or physical body problems.
In these ways, stress can become a very detrimental element in your life.
How Can Massage Therapy Help?
Fortunately for anyone who leads a particularly stressful life, relaxation massage therapy can help.
Performed by a trained therapist, massage therapy can counteract some of the negative effects caused by stress starting at its most basic level.
Where a body under stress will produce more cortisol which then goes on to create many of the conditions mentioned above, therapeutic massage for stress releases healing endorphins that combat it.
Here are just a few of the ways that relieving stress with body massage can improve your life:
- Reduces Cortisol Release - Reduces and combats the release of cortisol in the body, lessening its overall detrimental effects.
- Improves Moods and Reduces Anxiety - Healing endorphins released during therapeutic massage help to reduce anxiety and improve moods; lessen feelings of depression and irritability; improve sleep; and reduce problems caused by lack of sleep.
- Reduces Pain and Physical Conditions - Releasing stress in more than just a mental way, relaxation massage loosens muscles and joints, increasing flexibility and lessening the pain of chronic conditions and tightness caused by stress, it improves the immune system by reducing the negative effects of cortisol, and it helps create overall feelings of physical and mental well-being.
- Improves Cardiovascular and Digestive Function - The reduction in cortisol, pain relief, and anxiety as well as mental stress reduction often gained with massage therapy will also improve cardiovascular function, reduce strain on the heart, improve digestion, and improve circulation throughout the body.
Improve Life with Massage Therapy Stress Relief
Body massage may not be able to take away all the stress factors in your life; however, it can help you combat them in a healthier way by reducing the negative effects.
Non-invasive, non-medical stress relief through relaxation massage therapy can improve one's life physically and mentally, so improve your quality of life with healing, stress-relieving massage!